In the year 2030, Pat Benatar, AC/DC, Aerosmith, and Avril Lavigne, build a supergroup and travel back into the year 2013 in an time machine, to bring some fresh wind into the music scene. That's how one could describe the sound of Rocquette. Energy-loaded classic rock and pop rock, influenced by blues, and a tiny breeze of metal riffs. With touching melodies, motivating sing-along lyrics and an eye-catching show, Rocquette "wowed" the crowds on their international tours even through Germany, the UK and the USA. "We think it's sad that rock music tends to be negative and bitter these days" says Barbie Hardrock, charming singer of the band, "We will change that!"
Rocquette is an Austrian rock band, also mentioned as "female fronted kick-ass rock'n'roll" or "Austria's awesomeST (...) Mehr anzeigenfemale fronted rock'n'roll band". The style of the band is based in classic rock and hard rock, and is influenced by other genres like pop, blues, country, and also sometimes shows traces of funk or metal. Rocquette was founded in January 2005, out of the former band of Barbie Hardrock, Thomas Perry, Andreas Leeb and Andreas Wymetal.
During the following period, the band had several changes in the line up and realigned with Thore Tornado (rhythm guitar), Patrick Peschat (bass guitar) and Andreas Meislinger (drums).
Straight from the beginning, Rocquette stood on it's own feet – be it songwriting, graphic artworks, sound or production – from the first day they put a lot of effort into standing out, personality and highest quality (e.g. mastering of the records by Sterling Sound NY, AC/DC and many others). In 2009, the band made it over the borders, played internationally and organized a series of concerts in the USA (Las Vegas NV, Albuquerque NM, Fort Worth TX, Houston TX; with Juergen "Jam" Puffler on the drums, "Big Alex" Handl as rhythm guitarist and Lars Sugar on the bass). This tour was followed by their first major airplay in Austria (88.6, Austrias biggest private radio station; singles of the album "13": "Mhmmmargarita", "One And Only Drive"; Songs of 2007 album "Too Fast For Love" as well as an acoustic live performance).
Rocquette are getting in on the top ten rock bands in Austria (Reverbnation charts). In 2012, for the first time, they were presented internationally as one of the TOP TEN LIVE BANDS, and performed live in England (Exposure Music Awards, Cargo London, October 2012; double nomination Rocquette "Best Live Act" as well as "Best Recorded Artist"). Besides Semi- and Finalists-positions in several songwriting competitions, they received several awards for their music videos.
With an attitude strong as iron, love for the detail and downright idealism, the band pushes further at all times: hurdles and drawbacks just ignite new fire in Rocquette, as for example the change in members followed by direct successes like international shows and awards tell their stories.
By now, Rocquette are touring and producing since 9 years constantly, and the numbers of fans and followers on social platforms like Facebook and Twitter are increasing daily. International collaborations, like supporting the rescue of American Wild Horses, or the theme song for Show Udajima's book about Fukushima, as well as involvement in Austrian charity events, are further activities of the band.
• More than 100 successful national and international live shows including festivals (e.g. Donauinselfest), biker events and also extravagant performances (like Drug Action Conference Gala evening at the domed hall of the Nature Historic Museum in Vienna)
• Sold-out demo album, 2 official albums, 3 EPs (incl. 1 tribute, 1 acoustic) and several singles
• Currently >40 original songs
• 6 official music videos
• Currently 4088 registered fans worldwide (Reverbnation), >2300 Facebook-fans, >900 Twitter-follower
• International Media - Radios, magazines, web platforms (e.g. Cover Story Barbie Hardrock, True Cowboy Magazine (CA, USA; 2011) Alternative Female Voices Magazine UK (2012); Airplay on radio stations e.g. in Los Angeles and New York; podcasts, blogs and video game feature)
• Support & performances at several charity events (Krebsforschungslauf, Kindercharity, performances at charity festivals)
• Stadium Airplay "Go Pirates" single and theme in partnership with Rugby Union Donau (Rugby Stadium Hohe Warte, Vienna, AT 2013)
• Semi-Finalist placement of "Smile" in Song of the Year Songwriting Contest (2013)
• Song A&R Gold Award, Video A&R Silver Award, Favourite A&R Silver Award for "Smile" (BEAT100, 2013)
• Gold Song A&R Award, Silver Video A&R Award for "Voodoo Rock Puppet" (BEAT100, 2013)
• Video Award Gold, Song Award Silver for "Our Fists Against The Dirty Biz" (BEAT100, 2012)
• UK performance TOP TEN INTERNATIONAL LIVE ACTS 2012 (London, Exposure Music Awards)
• Double-nomination Exposure Music Awards UK ("Best Live Act", "Best Recorded Artist", 2012)
• European Song Contest nomination for Austria (2011)
• Austrian Newcomer Award nomination (2011, 2013)
• Song of the Year Songwriting Award Runner Up Placement "Take A Walk Outside Your Mind" (2011)
• UK Songwriting Contest Semi-Finalist "Our Fists Against The Dirty Biz", Commended Entry "Take A Walk Outside Your Mind" (2011)
• "Spirit of the Wild West" campaign supporting the rescue of Wild Horses in America ( 2011)
• Charity Sampler "Artists united for a new re-born" (Rocquette "Just Needs A Start", Italy 2011)
• Projekt Pop! Sampler Vol. 15, AKM/GfÖM (Rocquette "Smile", Austria 2014)
• US Tour 2009 (Las Vegas NV, Albuquerque NM, Fort Worth TX, Houston TX)
• Windows Media Feature (2 Rocquette Songs, 2009)
"Detoxic" - Demo-Album 2006 (phys)
"Too Fast For Love" - Album 2007 (phys & dig)
"Christmas Song" - Single 2008 (dig)
"Mhmmmargarita" - Single 2010 (dig)
"One And Only Drive" - Single 2010 (dig)
"13" - Album 2011 (phys & dig)
"Lent Jewels" - Tribute EP 2011 (dig)
"Wake Up (Voices of Fukushima)" - Single 2012 (dig)
"Superclean" - Acoustic EP 2013 (dig)
"Go Pirates" - Single 2013 (dig)
"Honk, Punch, Smile!" - EP 2014 (phys & dig)
Current line up: Barbie Hardrock (vocals), Thomas Perry (lead guitar, backing vocals), Thore Tornado (rhythm guitar, backing vocals), Patrick Peschat (bass), Andreas Meislinger (drums).
Former members: Andreas Wymetal, Dominik "Dojo" Hampl, Andreas Leeb, Jürgen Puffler, Alexander Handl, Lars Sugar, Oliver Scheuer, Alice J. Morgan, Klaus Weber, Consti Höffinger. Weniger anzeigen
Es wurde noch keine Fotos hochgeladen.Fotos hochladen
Backstage PRO Version 6.3.2 ("Chester"), © 2010 - 2020, Leitmotiv Online Medien GmbH & Co. KG, Hafenstraße 86, 69159 Mannheim, DE.